COVID-19 Notices and Information
Out of an abundance of caution, the bookstore will be closed to in person shopping as of December 22nd.
Online shopping for January will still be available.
Online orders can be picked up at our window located on the 1st floor of the UC from 10:30am to 4:30pm DEC 22nd & 23rd.
- If you are going to visit the store, it is a good idea to check the website first to ensure the item(s) you are looking for have arrived and are in stock for purchase. The website has real time inventory indicated for books and all other items (although some low quantities could sell out from the time you check until you arrive at the store). There is no inventory quantity on digital products (titles starting with CEI) as they can be ordered, or purcahased in store, anytime and very rarely become unavailable.
- If you order and want to pick up the order, please wait for an email to tell you that the order is ready. This will arrive later, and it is different than, the confirmation email that you receive after an order is placed. Specific instructions for pickup times and locations will be included in that email.
- If you come to the Bookstore, masks are mandatory, as is the campus requirement of being fully vaccinated. Staff will also be wearing masks for your safety. Enhanced cleaning protocols will be in place and the fitting room will be closed. A parking map is available on our Location and Parking page.
- Please pay attention to all University guidelines and signage while on campus.
Please note, some services have changed or been suspended due to the pandemic. Our website will always have the most up-to-date information. For Campus Cards, the new procedures are available through: www.mun.ca/ancillary/campuscard/GetYourCampusCard.php
We thank you for your patience as we maneuver through this unprecedented time.
Bookstore Staff and Management
7 May 2020
When choosing campus in textbook search, if the course you are taking would usually be on campus but is being instructed remotely due to the pandemic (Remote Course), please choose “On Campus/Remote Learning” (course section numbers begin with the digit 001-059). If the course is usually offered online, even when campus is open, choose “Online Courses” (course section numbers begin with the digit 081-129). See below for more detailed descriptions:
- Online Courses
- Online courses have been carefully designed to be delivered entirely over the internet using course sites in Brightspace. The course sites often include customized videos, interactive components and resources that help with learning the course content. Online courses are not self-paced; instructors post deadlines for work and expect students to keep up on reading and other activities required to successfully complete the course. Students may be asked to join the instructor and classmates online at specific points in the term. Students need to consider the technical requirements needed to fully participate in an online course.
- Remote Courses
- Remote courses are face-to-face courses that have been adapted to be delivered at a distance in times of disruption when students and instructors cannot meet on campus. The instructor may decide to use online tools, including Brightspace, to replace face-to-face instruction; course activities and materials may also be modified accordingly. Students may be asked to join the instructor and classmates online at specific points in the term as a replacement for face-to-face meetings and discussions.